So, because this is fun (and I’m up), I’m going to participate in the I’m thankful for month of November. No way am I doing this one day at a time! Here goes all 30 days. I am thankful for:
1. My family. Duh. They love me this much (you can’t see me holding out my arms).
2. My dog, Griffin. He NEVER judges me.
3. Coffee. Without my father’s introduction to this life saving beverage, I would not have made it this far in life. The fact that he taught me to drink it black has saved me more than once.
4. My cat, Waffles, because she was a scaredy-cat when she was adopted and now she’s not. Makes me feel like a cat-whisperer that I single-handedly made her feel loved. Okay, maybe everyone in my household helped out…
5. Dr. Seuss. He made rhyming and weirdness not only acceptable, but cool.
6. Dooney & Bourke, for making fabulous purses.
7. Elephants. I like them.
8. Books. Goodness knows where I would be without the land of make-believe. Institutionalized?
9. Words. Specifically, writing them. When they are placed in good form, it is amazing what can be created.
10. The sun, when it works, is awesome.
11. Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream. Holy heaven in a pint!
12. Nature. Even though I am allergic to everything on the planet, it is still nice to walk through the forest and see trees, hear birds, and smell dirt. Quite serene and relaxing.
13. SpongeBob Squarepants. The show makes me LOL, and I love singing silly songs.
14. My husband’s cooking ability. Without his skill, my family would starve.
15. Friends, the real kind. The ones that I have sloppily cried on and left mucus-stained tracks on their shoulders. The ones I have angrily yelled at and wanted to kill. The ones that ignore my defenses and keep coming back for more me. The imaginary ones…just kidding! They’re real, I swear. Love you all!
16. Helium filled balloons. Because you can suck up the helium and sound funny. Even though you’re not supposed to do it…
17. Maple syrup. Not that imitation crap, but the stuff that comes from trees.
18. The BBC. I would not have known The Doctor had it not been for them, and what kind of existence would that be?
19. My parents, for coming to America. I would not have been able to do a lot of the things I do had it not been for their determination to make the trek up north.
20. Medication, for helping my body correct deficiencies that enable me to live life. Science is pretty damn incredible.
21. Smartphones. It’s pretty cool having the power of the internet at the tip of your fingertips.
22. All my working body parts. I like walking, talking, tasting, smelling, feeling, seeing – I’d hate to lose any of those things.
23. Andrew Lloyd Webber’s The Phantom of the Opera. Best. Musical. EVER.
24. Emotions. As much as I may complain about crying at stupid touchy-feely commercials, I’d much rather be a person who feels than one who doesn’t give two-cents about a human being.
25. Hugs. You could be having a poopy day and they make it better.
26. Orthodontists, especially the one I had. Without their infinite knowledge of the human mouth, I would have had one f**** up smile!
27. Socks, for keeping my feet warm.
28. Kids, because they are the best of human kind. Ever notice how curious, smart, kind, and trusting they are? They live life in that moment and absorb as much as they can and make the best of each day. I want to be just like them when I grow up.
29. Beds, because I would hate to sleep on the floor.
30. The military, for introducing me to my husband. That is all.
So, what are you thankful for?