Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Long Time No See

Yeah, it has been a while since I have posted.  No, I have not fallen off the face of the earth or fallen into any deep depression.  Thankfully, my life has gone in the opposite direction - my days have been chockful of...STUFF.

I have been attending this place called college, volunteering in my children's classrooms, packing and unpacking my household for a move, and writing for my college newspaper.  Not to mention ferrying my kid's to their friend's houses, sports practices and games, and extra-curricular activities - in a nutshell, I have been living life.

My youngins are at a point where they are still young enough to enjoy spending time with me, but awfully close to thinking that I am uncool.  I am spending as much time as I can imparting all my wisdom (while they are still listening) and attempting to not lose my patience (and sanity) at the same time.  The patience needed to raise children is INTENSE. 

And my marriage? My goodness, I have never worked harder in anything in my life!  Celebrating twelve years in a couple of days, and I deserve every piece of silk (or whatever traditional gift it is) coming my way.  Not that it's a struggle, but in this world we live in, any day over one that you stay married deserves a medal. 

So, since I have been neglecting my beautiful blog of moments in my life as a Mexican-American, I have decided to get back on track.  I can bust out a couple minutes of writing a day and post at least once a week. 

However, until I get used to that again, I will post things I have written but not posted.  It's always nice to have things on the back burner. Until then, hope everyone has a wonderful spring break and Easter holiday.  Celebrate whatever it is that makes you happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment