Thursday, February 10, 2011

iPhone Coma

I tend to be a very jumpy individual.  I'm constantly watching my back and don't like to sit with doors behind me.  I always need a way out to feel secure.  If I'm not in a space that offers me that safety...well, I tend to get a tad anxious.

I don't know if it has to do with my childhood, or my military years, or if I'm just a nutjob, but certain things make me stop and take notice.  So when I walked in the bathroom after lunch today, I hesitated before entering.  

For whatever reason, all my accidents happen when I need to pee.  As I entered the tiny space they shoved 3 toilets in, I heard the fan going like it was going to take off.  It was loud like a damn airplane.  That's what had my heart going, the noise, but I wasn't waiting any longer.  I walked in and went about my business as fast as I could. 

Thankfully, I have this weird phobia where I have to flush before I get off the toilet.  So when I pulled my pants up and OUT DROPPED MY PHONE...well, at least it was in clear water.

That's right, my iPhone fell in the toilet.  My calendar, my phonebook, my life line, my phone...it decided to take a dip in the dog's water bowl.  Sigh.  I fished it out and dried it the best I could, but I could already hear my husband saying, "Really?  Phone #4?"  What excuse would I have?  It wasn't my fault or it was an accident wasn't going to cut it.  But that's what happened.

I don't know if it's going to end up working.  I'm leaving the iPhone off for a couple of days of drying out (ha! sounds like an alkie) and we'll see.  So, while my iPhone is in it's self-induced coma, I'm looking longingly at it in it's bag of rice and want to cry.  I wonder how weird it would be to carry this laptop around...

No comments:

Post a Comment