Saturday, May 21, 2011

Going To The Beat of Your Own Drummer

I'm watching my son splash though puddles and I see how much fun he is having. It's just clothes, who cares if it gets wet? That's what dryers are for.

Well, apparently the school cares. My carefree bundle of joy received a detention point for splashing in puddles.  He didn't get anyone wet except himself, but it was still unacceptable.

Note to boy who follows the beat of his own drummer: wait until you get home to jump for joy into puddles.

2 comments:

  1. Man, the world likes to squash your joy doesn't it? Rain or shine, I reckon we have a duty to our kids to make every day a puddle-jumping day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Depending on your view, I'm either a good parent or a bad parent because I jump in puddles with him!

    ReplyDelete