Sunday, January 16, 2011

Green Haired Nurse

At one point in my life, my greatest ambition was to be a nurse.  With green hair.  Green was my favorite color, so why not? 

Since I was so sure of my future profession, I was super excited for my Kindergarten assignment of drawing what I wanted to be when I grew up.  I started right away.  I proudly walked my finished creation up to my teacher and expected a gasp of surprise at my artistic abilities, plus a first place finish (though there was no prize). 

Instead I got a steely stare.  I was promptly told no one had green hair and to do it over.  Dreams crushed. 

I fully believe some people are made to be teachers: those that inspire and love learning.  Then there are those that need to find a new line of work, prison warden perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment