Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dream House


In case there was ever a zombie apocalypse, this is the child who would save me.


My son is someone I swear has been here before. He's always said things that are too adult for him, in the correct context, and he just knows things. He'll casually start a conversation of someone or something he "knew before" and makes predictions...like my death, which was weird. Other than that, it's awesomely cool.


We always have a hard time buying things for him because he never wants anything. He likes to watch Eagles football and play video games. He likes sports, peace and quiet. He doesn't makes lists of wants unless we ask him to, and even then he gives us the you're-a-dumb-ass look and says, "I like the Eagles and video games."


This year we went hog wild and got him a book. Not just any book either. It was Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Do it Yourself Book. It's like a diary (shhh!). You answer a bunch of questions and have a little look-see into the mind of an 8-year-old boy. That should be funny when he's 35!


The big TA-DA in the book was a blank page asking you to draw your dream home. I was so sure of how well I knew my son I thought, "The first room he's going to draw is an entertainment room for his video games."


I was half right. He drew a room with a line down the middle and labeled it POLE DANCING ROOM. Once I find out where I threw the book, I'll post a picture. Yes, I'm such a proud mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment