Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Senseless Drug Killings in Mexico

People die all the time. Senseless murders happen. Why? Not everyone appreciates life.  Not too long ago, my grandfather died from natural causes.  My dad flew down to Mexico to bury the man, and arrived in time to get more bad news: his nephew was gunned down and killed.  They would be having a double funeral.

Our family is very large and close, so even though we all lived in different countries, when we were able to visit it's like we've lived next door all our lives.  I remember going down to Mexico and playing with my primo, Koki.  He was my age and I was such a tomboy - I had lots of fun running around.  To read of his untimely death is hard, considering we've been out of touch for at least 15 years.  He became a cop, got married and had a child during that time!  He was living an adult life and it was so cruelly taken from him.  I suppose in this day and age, no one blinks twice about shooting a person five times.  

In his death, he leaves behind a wife and 2-year-old child.  While his wife and daughter will have support from both sides of the family, no one wants to go through life without a spouse or without a dad.  I think, what the hell would I do if my husband was murdered at the age of 30?  How would I deal?  I don't know if I could.  Yes, I'd go through day to day activities to keep the kids and me alive, but a big chunk of me would be gone. 

My advice to anyone is this: think twice before you say or do anything.  It might save a life or at the very least, some heartache.  That boy could have easily been your brother, cousin, uncle, father, son...it's such a waste.  Every life is precious.  Treat it as such.

http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2010/250331/6/ejecutan-a-tres-hombres-en-la-region-cienega-de-la-entidad.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment